English proficiency testing
English proficiency tests administered by the Centre for Language and Communication of Tallinn University of Technology are the tests of general academic language abilities and literacy skills. The test results can be used as an evidence of proof of English proficiency to apply for:
- Study abroad programmes (Test 1 or Test 2)
- Studies at Tallinn University of Technology (Test 2)
ABOUT THE ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS
TEST 1: Length: 60 minutes
Cost: 30 EUR
1. Written Test (a multiple-choice grammar and vocabulary test)
2. Speaking Test (discussion in pairs)
Length: 2.5 hours
Cost: 45 EUR
Content of the test:
1. Writing Test (an argumentative essay)
2. Listening Test (listening for detail and gap-filling tasks)
3. Reading Test (reading comprehension and vocabulary tasks)
4. Speaking Test (discussion in pairs)
A copy of Certificate of Proficiency in English will be sent to a student by email.
NB! TalTech English Proficiency Test can be retaken 4 months after the first trial of the test.
The cost of the test is 30 EUR (Test 1) or 45 EUR (Test 2). Please pay the test fee via bank transfer.
BENEFICIARY: Tallinna Tehnikaülikool
ADDRESS: Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn
DESCRIPTION: English Proficiency Testing, object 01HL and the candidate’s name
AMOUNT: €30 or €45
BANK NAME: SEB Pank AS
BANK CODE: 401
REGISTRY CODE: 74000323
At the Test, the candidate is expected to present a photo ID (a passport or ID-card). Students will not be admitted to the Test without the required document. In order to register for the Test, the candidate is expected to complete the registration form two working days prior to the Test at the latest.
WHO TO CONTACT
- With questions regarding TalTech English Proficiency Test, please contact email@example.com
- With questions related to admission, requirements and testing at info-sessions
abroad, kindly contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With questions related to Study abroad programems pleaese contact email@example.com
Tests in 2020
The next TalTech English Proficiency Test will take place on 28 May at 10.00 Estonian time (UTC+3) in the building of the School of Business and Governance (3 Akadeemia tee, Tallinn) of Tallinn University of Technology. The deadline for registration is Monday, 25 May. Information about the classroom will be sent later (depends on the number of candidates).
Please send the registration form and a copy of the payment order to firstname.lastname@example.org