Science club "Mysterious oil shale"
Scientific club takes place in the laboratories of Oil Shale Competence Center according to order or project-based. The club suit for gymnasium pupils.
Scientific circle is supervised by chemical engineers. The same daily work of chemical engineers is done together with the participants.
Scientific circle is suitable for those, who:
- would like to make tests in the laboratory;
- would like to try the work of chemical engineer;
- find that could experiment with oil shale;
- find that it is exciting to work with young engineers.
What is done in oil shale laboratory?
- To get shale oil from oil shale.
- One oil shale piece is wetter, other is drier. We determine moisture content in oil shale samples, that the results of laboratory samples could be comparable.
- Why big waste heaps are formed after oil shale processing? We investigate as high is ash content in oil shale .
- Whether each oil shale is suitable for oil production? We determine the quality of oil shale.
- Is Jordan oil shale is the same as Estonian oil shale? We compare them to find out.
- Sulfur content is one of the most important indeces of a fuel quality. We investigate as much sulfur there is in shale oil.
- We get gasoline and diesel from shale oil.
- We visit Mining museum and oil shale industrial enterprises.
- We work together with oil shale industry engineers.