Ragnar Nurkse Department is an interdisciplinary research center that focuses on socially relevant and future-oriented research issues:
- models and practices of governance and public administration globally
- e-governance and digital transformation of societies: datafication, public services and state-citizen relations in the digital era, smart cities and digital public services and cross-border collaboration
- P2P technologies, its' governance and potential new production models
- fiscal governance and fiscal bureaucracies
- science and innovation policies and its' management
- philosophy and ethics of science and technology
Our research contributes to solving the most pressing long-term challenges of Estonia and the European Union and we also contribute to achieving the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.