Ilmar Öpik Master Study Scholarship
Ilmar Öpik Master Study Scholarship is intented for a first year Master Study student of Tallinn University of Technology, School of Engineering.
Students who comply with the following conditions can apply for the scholarship:
- field of study is related to energetics;
- are entered in the student register (matriculated) and are not using academic leave at the moment of applying;
- are studying full-time load;
- a wish to put the chosen profession into practice;
- fan of his/her speciality and whose goal is to become star in his/her field;
- an active attitude towards life and desire to commit to development of the field;
The scholarship will be awarded for the duration of the masters studies and student has to sign contract with obligations:
- End of the first year of master studies student submits a report on current studies (including an printout of the study results), scientific works and reasearches and his/her contribution to the development of the field to Development Fund. Also presents a report to the financier or the scholarship committe;
- Grade-point avarage at the moment of the report is 4.0 or higher
- Still meets the scholarship applying conditions
The amount of the scholarship is 4000 euros (two payments, one after winning competition and second after presentation of the report ). Applying for the scholarship and nomination takes place through open competition.
To apply for the scholarship the candidate shall submit the following documents to the Management Board of TalTech Development Fund:
- a motivation letter, justifying its compliance with the scholarship conditions;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a printout of the study results from Deans Office;
- a recommendation from a member of TalTech teaching staff, internship or thesis supervisor.