ICT thesis contest 2019
June 18, agenda
The competition takes place for the seventh time, including all the School of IT specialities.
ICT thesis competition scholarship fund is 4300€. The scholarship fund is co-financed by Study IT in Estonia Programme. Each category winner is awarded with a scholarship of 500€ (exception is the BSc* level software category). The special prize is 200€ for BSc* and 300€ for MSc. In addition, Cybernetica-named scholarship worth of 500€, Swedbank-named scholarship worth of 500€, Scoro-named scholarship worth of 300€ and Eesti Energia-named scholarships worth of 200€ (Bachelor's studies) and 300€ (Master's studies) will be granted.
- acknowledge thesis writers for their academic accomplishments;
- introduce the process of thesis defence;
- involve as many students as possible in the audience, to give them a possibility to gather inspiration for writing their own thesis;
- introduce the themes and level of students’ theses to companies;
- give good opportunities for companies and students to meet and discuss potential collaboration possibilities.
|BSc software category |
|Charlie Chris Karniol||Helisämplite klassifitseerimine konvolutsiooniliste närvivõrkudega, supervisor Senior Research Scientist Tanel Alumäe||Best thesis|
|Marko Johani Belzetski||Creating an Application Interprocess Communication Mechanisms Module for an Android Security Training, supervisor Elar Lang||Best thesis|
|Jorma Rebane||3D kraana virtuaalse füüsikalise mudeli loomine Unreal Engine keskkonnas, supervisors Professor Eduard Petlenkov and Research Scientist Aleksei Tepljakov||Special prize|
|Charlie Chris Karniol||Helisämplite klassifitseerimine konvolutsiooniliste närvivõrkudega, supervisor Senior Research Scientist Tanel Alumäe||AS Eesti Energia scholarship|
|BSc hardware and systems category|
|Kristjan Soodla||Lühiajalise kestusega raadiosignaali suuna määramine pseudo-dopplerilise raadiopeilingaatoriga, supervisor Senior Lecturer Ivo Müürsepp||Best thesis|
|Vjatšeslav Tšetšnev||Short-Term Load Forecasting Using Artificial Neural Network, supervisors Professor Eduard Petlenkov and Software Developer Margarita Spitšakova||Special prize|
|MSc software category|
|Marjana Voronina||Automated Camera Motion Control for Rhythmic Gymnastics Using Deep Learning, supervisor Associate Professor Kristina Vassiljeva||Best thesis|
|Aleksei Netšunajev||Sentence Writing Test for Parkinson’s Disease Modeling: Comparing Predictive Ability of Classifiers, supervisors Senior Research Scientist Sven Nõmm, Aaro Toomela, Kadri Medijainen||Special prize|
|Gregor Johannson||Technical Prerequisites for Enabling Third-Party Applications on the New Estonian ID-Card, Associate Professor Juhan-Peep Ernits||AS Swedbank scholarship|
|Siim Kaspar Uustalu||Automated Detection and Sentiment Analysis of Registered Entity Mentions in Estonian Language News Media, supervisors Senior Research Scientist Tanel Alumäe and Karl Märka||OÜ Scoro Software scholarship|
|Gregor Johannson||Technical Prerequisites for Enabling Third-Party Applications on the New Estonian ID-Card, Associate Professor Juhan-Peep Ernits||AS Eesti Energia scholarship|
|MSc hardware and systems category|
|Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev||Automated Camera Motion Control System for Rhythmic Gymnastics, supervisors Researcher Siavoosh Payandeh Azad and Associate Professor Kristina Vassiljeva||Best thesis|
|René Pihlak||Efficiency Implications of Transient Fault Mitigation, supervisors professor Jaan Raik and Early Stage Researcher Karl Janson||Special prize|
|Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev||Automated Camera Motion Control System for Rhythmic Gymnastics, supervisors Researcher Siavoosh Payandeh Azad and Associate Professor Kristina Vassiljeva||AS Cybernetica scholarship|
|MSc information society category|
|Lauri Antalainen||Äriprotsesside arendamine tootmisteenust pakkuvas ettevõttes: sobiva metoodika leidmine ja rakendamine, supervisor Associate Professor Innar Liiv||Best thesis|
|Maarja Heinsoo||Implications of Information Security Culture on Risk Management - Case of a Technology Company, supervisor Research Professor Hayretdin Bahsi||Special prize|
MSc software category
MSc hardware and systems category
MSc information society category
BSc software category
BSc hardware and systems category
- May 21st - June 14th – period for submitting formal application and thesis*;
- no later than June 17th - organizers announce who has qualified (or not qualified) to the final stage;
- June 17th – submit defense speech slideshow digitally to iktkonkurss at taltech dot ee;
- June 18th – ICT thesis contest (final stage).
The period for submitting applications has ended!
- Documents (application and thesis) should be submitted via TalTech Development Fund’s web form (application can be submitted starting from May 21st).
- The documents must be in pdf format and named as follows: “first name_last name_thesis/presentation”.
For further details see the terms of participation here!
* An application is deemed to be accepted if the thesis has received a recommendation to participate in the competition from the defense committee (see the terms of participation, clause 4); a personal deadline for submitting an application is notified by email.