Mektory Satellite Programme
In March 2014 Mektory Space Centre was established. One of the most important initiatives that the Space Centre has been brought into life for, amongst other space related activities in the university, has been the launch of Tallinn University of Technology Nanosatellite Programme.
About the Satellite programme
- Mektory Nanosatellite programme is an international, interdisciplinary, university wide programme, carried out by students and professors from different nations, in association with national and international partners from various industries and academia.
- The student satellite programme provides practical knowhow and experience in engineering and space technology industries, while also receiving credits in their study period.
- The mission of the Mektory Nanosatellite programme is to ensure the development of new technologies and provide high quality work force both to Estonia and international high-tech companies.
Satellite programme goals
- To design, build and launch a reliable and powerful Nanosatellite to the orbit. To create and operate the satellite through an earth station.
- To provide the students with theoretical and practical experience to prepare them for working as highly rated technology and space industry experts.
- To encourage the creation of new high value added occupations and new technology companies to the market.
The building and testing of the satellite is planned on the period of 2016-2018. The launch of the satellite will most probably take place in 2019.