A Student from other foreign higher education institution, only once, coming to study at TalTech on your own initiative, of a period from one semester to one academic year, is a free-movers in case we have free places. Your applications will be checked in the end of the application process.
What is the procedure?
- Your home university has to send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) nomination:
your name, e-mail address, study level and field.
- We send out basic application information to you.
- You will fill in an online application with the required documents:
CV, Transcript of Records from your home university, Learning Agreement, copy of the passport and internationally recognized English Language Certificate at B2 level.
- Please send the completed original documents by post by
15th of May or 15th of November to:
Tallinn University of Technology
Office of Academic Affairs/Mobilty Centre
Ehitajate tee 5
19086, Tallinn, Estonia
- When your courses are accepted either in June (for Autumn) or December (for Spring), you will receive an online Letter of Acceptance. We cannot confirm you particpation before our Partner's students are accepted.
Are there any disadvantages compared to Erasmus students regarding course selection, taking exams or the status as student in general?
Differences are in the application process, your application will be checked after our Partner Universities students' applications. The study process will be similar to Erasmus+ students, you will follow the general timetable and take exams with the other students. The information meant for you is the same as for other exchange students. We do not offer Free-Mover's Satus for Business, Economics and Cyber Security students.
Do I need residence permit in Estonia?
Students from third countries need a long term visa.
Is it necessary to translate the documents (currently italian and german)?
Yes, the documents have to be translated into English.
When I have graduated already and do not study anywhere, may I apply for free-mover status?